Thursday, November 13, 2014

Promised Life

Promised Life


He that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. John 11:25



The Promised Life

When you do hear that I'm gone
And left this troubled world below
Don't you believe that I'm dead
Although the evidence will show

I'll be alive more than before
while my earthly vessel will decay
I will be on top of everything
Being far from dead in any way

While others may mourn and cry
Don't you be sad, but rejoice
I'll be promoted by God Himself
For I've responded to His voice

I may leave some of you behind
As I'll take orders from the King
Forever I'll be in His company
Rejoicing, while Hallelujah I'll sing

I won't be dead, or cold as stone
For I will live for evermore
Death has lost its painful sting
Therefore, I'll continue to soar

My last enemy I'll overcome
As I depart from this globe
When entering everlasting bliss
God will hand me a brand new robe

No, I won't be dead, dear friend
For He that has the Son hath life
The grave is just a stepping stone
Which puts an end to earthly strife

When you read my name, somewhere
On a long list of the dead
Remember, God keeps His promise
And gives LIFE for death instead

For anyone whom upon Jesus calls
And accepts Him as Savior and Lord
Will never see death, neither decay
But LIFE, according to His word

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Glory to the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost !


The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:26

Righteousness delivers from death. Proverbs 10:2

Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Corinthians 15:54

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 1 Corinthians 15:56

Because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:19

He that hath the Son hath life. 1 John 5:12

If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death. John 8:51


Writings and Poetic pages: Copyright © Dr.Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: