Sunday, November 30, 2014

Glorify God

But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalm 3:3

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. Psalm 95:6

I Will Glorify the Lord Almighty

A Psalm - from desperation to inspiration

The Lord is good and His mercies are forever
He is my Sustainer and Strength in this weary land
No matter my earthly circumstances
I have all reason to praise His awesome name
for He delivered me and raised me from death

He set my soul free and covered me with His wings
Tears run down my face, as I meditate upon God,
Whom has great love for such a speck as I
The thoughts of these things stir my soul,
That He'll remember me and care for my needs

How far does His compassion reach
that He considers the depth of my heart?
My weakness and my strength are not hidden 
from God neither my joy, heartache nor my pain
He supports and upholds me with His strong arm

He is the God of my salvation. He is my all in all
To live without Him would mean death and darkness
I need His Holy Spirit to hover over me day and night
I need His watchful eye to keep me from harm
holding me at safe distance from the devourer

He walks with me along this earthly path
until the end of days, when He takes me by the hand
carefully leading me to His eternal home
There will be no more hurdles... nor struggles...
The battle will be won, and my soul will be at rest

The Lord is worthy of all my worship
He is the One who searched for me and found me
His eyes have been upon me since an early age
He knew me even before I was conceived
And He will remember me when my days grow old

O my God and Lord, how I adore and worship You
My praise and adoration is yet incomplete
But the time will come, and is at hand
when the imperfect will be replaced by the Perfect
Then I'll remain, in worship, at God's side for evermore

Glory to the Father, and the Son and to the Holy Ghost

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. John 4:23

Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. I have remembered Thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept Thy law. Psalm 119:54,55

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name: bring an offering, and come into His courts. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before Him, all the earth. Psalm 96:8,9

THANK YOU FATHER!



Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman. Written January, 2006, at a time of great despair. All rights reserved. 2014

No comments: