Monday, December 1, 2014

The Treshold

Crossing The Last Threshold


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Leaving this planet


Take My Hand Dear Lord

When days get beyond my number
when my time on earth is done
I must cross that last threshold
which leads me to a land unknown

As my eyes grow slowly dimmer
and I feel my way around
Lord, please, come and sit beside me
let Your love once more abound

Even when I go through the valley
to cross to the other side
I know You will walk beside me
for You are my staff and guide

Whilst in process of departing
I can see my station near
I need to get some more courage
to take the last steps without fear

When I get closer to the center
of the valley of the shadow of death
please, Lord, hold my hand tightly
for soon I'm getting out of breath

Then I'll burst out in singing
as I reach the other shore
There will be happiness and laughter
for pain and tears will be no more

Above the stars His light is shining
no darkness will be there, nor night
Forever then I will be with Jesus
to praise and glorify His might

I'll be waiting for you friend
while I'm worship our King
It will be a glorious reunion
and for eternity we will sing



He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 25:8

Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, death is swallowed up in VICTORY. 1 Corinthians 15:54


The above poem was created as a response to a request for a word of God for a dying non born-again lady. The poem was then forwarded and read to her.

As prayers went up and God's word echoed in her heart she surrendered her life to the Lord and accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Savior.

She died as a child of God and entered the Gates of Heaven. She was set free from the ties of this world and carried into eternal bliss. HALLELUJAH!


This poem was selected by "The International Library of Poetry" for publication in the Poetry Anthology "The Silence Within".
It also has been chosen to be recorded as a special part of a new poetry collection "The Sound of Poetry" on CD.
"Crossing The Last Threshold" has been selected for its suitability for the art of poetry through the spoken word, and for the diversity of poetic talent.

Glory Be To GOD The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. HALLELUJAH. AMEN!


Writing & Poem copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved. 

No comments: