Friday, December 26, 2014

Be Still

A quiet place, alone with God


Be silent, all flesh, before the Lord, for He is aroused from His holy habitation! Zechariah 2:13

Truly my soul silently waits for God, from Him comes my salvation. Psalm 62:1

My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. Psalm 62:5

The Stillness

Only in the stillness can God be found
As I bow down in reverence my head
The fragrance of His breath I smell
As He speaks softly, feeding me His bread

In the stillness only can I hear Him speak
As I long for communion with Him
It's like a soft melody that I hear
The sound of water running over the brim

His voice is like a warm summer wind
which gently touches my face
It is so all encompassing
Full of love, kindness and grace

I'll seek more often for this quiet place
To receive new strength on my way
I need to feel this Godly touch
So I'll be renewed from day to day


Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day. Psalm 25:5

A time to keep silence; and a time to speak. Ecclesiastes 3:7b

Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation. Isaiah 25:9


In the countryside stands a lonely cabin, surrounded by rolling fields and woods. It is far away from the hustle and bustle from towns and cities. No other houses can be seen. It is a place of quietness in God's nature. The stillness is interrupted only by the sounds of frogs, crickets, birds, wolves, foxes, and the like. The rushing of the wind can be heard through the pine trees and in the rustling of the leaves.

The refreshing breeze tingles cheeks and turns the face to soft pink. The high sky is blue with few clouds. Walking in the fields is pleasant, but through the woods on a rough winding path, takes effort. While the muscles are getting their exercise, the mind is directed to the Creator of all this.

The quietness around stimulates the connection between the Lord and us. This is a place where the Lord can be reached, a place of communication with God; where our hearts cry out unto Him, for in the stillness He can be found. It is here where many a battle has been won, many prayers have been brought before His throne, many tears have flowed, many lessons have been learned.

How my soul longs for You, O Lord. How I desire the touch of the Master. How wonderful it is to be in the shelter of the Most High. To withdraw ourselves from the things of this old world and seek His face, His direction, His guidance, it is the best thing we can do. All other things will pass away, but the experience with our Father will last forever. We'll take it wherever we go, we will share it with anyone who desires Him.

Make an effort to find a quiet place, wherever you may live, to hear from the Lord, to search your heart, to be taught at His feet, to have your strength renewed and to learn to surrender ALL to Jesus.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way. Psalm 37:7

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14

Be Still

When overwhelming noise is brought to a stop
The quietness around you wakes you up
While you feel your way in the dark of night
You wonder if this quietness is alright

"Be still", is the simple word of the Lord
"You have spoken enough, while drawing the sword
It's time to listen to what I've to say
So bend your ear, while on your knees you stay"

"Listen to Me carefully, when I whisper now
Commit your life and surrender to your vow
as you did call upon Me, so long ago
Stay on guard and go with My flow"

"Forsake this world and all its thrills
Don't pollute your soul with earthly frills
It's not worth it, you don't gain much
you only risk losing the godly touch"

"So, listen to My voice, dear child of Mine
and use My word as your ONLY guide-line
Walk in obedience and follow after Me
and you will go from Victory to Victory"


For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Galatians 5:5

But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:25

Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. John 5:25


Copyright © Dr.Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved.


No comments: